Monday, July 13, 2009

My Sister Juli

"But I maintain that she would come if we worked for her, and that so to work, even in poverty and obscurity, is worth while."

Virginia Woolf


My sister Juli had a birthday! She is so fabulous. Ever since I was a little tike, she taught me to tease my hair, dress, select music, and once she threw a carrot at me.
I made Lauren a dress for the special party. I used to sew like a fiend in college. My brother would tease me and say, "Sew, my sister..... sew like the wind." (Three Amigos quote)
I love to work with fabric, especially if it is what Rachel Ashwell (Shabby Chic founder) calls "sumptuous".
So what are the three elements of good party decor? Glitter, candles, and sweets.

We watched High School Musical 3 and did pedicures. It doesn't get much girlier than that, yes?

Happy Birthday Ju! ( I sometimes called her Lou Lou)

The only remedy for love is to love more.

Thoreau

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you add quotes! And I wish I could have been at the par-tay! Lauren's dress is darling! I have a Tiff-original red dress, too! :)

Tiffany M. said...

Yes we SERIOUSlY bonded while making that dress.... and watched every British film ever made. "":)

Jayme said...

You are one talented gal! Looks like fun...tell Juli Happy Birthday (a little late!)