Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reverance (pronounced reveraaahnce)

"Dance is the hidden language of the soul"
-Martha Graham


My hair is getting longer. It is high time I got highlights, too, but I'm so lazy.

I'm not used to my hair being long, and today during my ballet workout, it kept getting stuck in my armpits in the gel-like deodorant I use. I kept having to stop my graceful movements to free it from the gel. Hardly poetic.

I realized I must do one of two things. Pull my hair up into a pony tail, or stop using deodorant. But it is funner to dance with your hair down! And I don't want to smell bad!

I know this is a dilemma of vast proportion. Perhaps my readers can offer me advice.

Confession: I skipped out on my less favorite parts of the workout dvd to blog. Jumps are not my favorite, and they put them at the end when you are most tired! I know, I know, I'll never get better if I don't practice.

So next time: pony tail holder, different deodorant, do jumps. My workout definitely has room for improvement.




"I don't want dancers who want to dance, I want dancers who need to dance"
-George Balanchine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was cracking up at the gel deodorant part. Bun! Bun! :)