Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flattery


I love the graphic novel, Swan. It is about a dancer who was trained in the countryside, then journeys to the big city. She has amazing natural talent, but the pros around her just can't seem to iron out her flaws. The poor girl sweats, and toils, and collapses on the ground, but she still can't find that elusive perfection that haunts her as a dancer.
Throughout the novel, however, she maintains perfect hair. That is one of the things I love most about graphic novels. Everyone's hair is always so, so glorious. It is always blowing in the wind, and always looks like it just got round brushed with the most exclusive Bumble and Bumble products.
This is me trying to imitate my heroine's style. I fall kind of short, but it was fun! As you can see, I also have a large mole on my back. I had another that I had removed, but I felt like Winnie the Pooh when they were sewing me up. Ever since then, I have had an aversion to mole removal.

Be excellent to each other.
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

No comments: