Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One Wicked Night

Truly to sing, that is a different breath.

~Rainer Maria Rilke



Lest my gentle readers suppose I do nothing but carve away at bushes in my back and front yard all day, I will illustrate my evening out: to see the musical Wicked.
Good, good, super-splendid, entertaining, lovely. It was amazing, see it if at all possible!!!!

On our way! It was a miracle I was able to attend. I mean, this girl at work covered for me at the last minute. It was meant to be.
We will see the Wicked Witch of the West in an entirely new light after this night.
Gammage was sold out! A fun crowd, too, with lots of energy.
My nieces are becoming so culturally competent.

Oh the high heels. If I didn't wear these out once in a while, I would forget entirely how to walk in them. Teen has the pretty tan legs; I have the pale white, and would probably fit in better in Russia than Arizona. Also full of scratches and bruises from gardening. Sigh.


And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, The Day Is Done

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Looks like fun! How was it?

Tiffany M. said...

Really amazing. Like, take your breath away amazing. And funny and sweet. So see it! make Brian take you to New York, or better yet come to Arizona and see it at Gammage!