Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy August!

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold."
Zelda FitzgeraldMy bunnies got in a fight right in front of me last night. They were wrestling all over the room, and hair was flying everywhere. I was screaming, "Bunnies! Bunnies!" and jumping up and down. They're so feral. That's not what this post is about, but it was fascinating.


I watched not one but two scary movies last night. Not the best idea if you 1) live alone, and 2) have a supremely and regrettably undisciplined imagination. One was Rosemary's Baby. I had read the book. Oddly enough, in the movie, Rosemary has visions of the Sistine Chapel while she is drugged in order that her evil neighbors might accomplish their dark, dark purpose.

I am reading about the Sistine Chapel! Coincidence, or something more?
I was kind of tired this morning from my night of scary movies and hiding under the covers. To cheer myself up, I went outside with my parasol and camera and decided to document me enjoying this lovely August day.

And here is a recipe I created to cool off your hot August nights: so simple and so refreshing!

Opulent Coconut Sherbet

Juice and zest of 1 lime (you can use two if you are an extra limey person like me)
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 c sugar
2 T honey
2 T agave syrup
1/2 c water

Whisk ingredients together until the honey is incorporated; freeze in an ice cream maker.



Don't come too close; you don't wanna see my ghost.
The Kooks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tippay! I just read this seconds after launching a new little blog about coincidence. Crazy, no? Check it out here:
fiftyflutters.blogspot.com

Love you!
Miss you!

Tiffany M. said...

whoa you are a blogging superstar!