Friday, August 21, 2009

We Are Leaders

I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found. - John Nash, in the movie A Beautiful Mind


Yesterday I met City Manager of Scottsdale John Little. Throughout budget reforms he has been most supportive of libraries in the community.

My leadership group: Erin, Valerie, Anna, me. Don't ask me why I look so tall. I'm only 5 feet 4 inches for goodness sake. I am wearing heels, I suppose. Need for danger in the workplace and all that. I'm not used to being the tall one!

I have a mentor at work named Aimee. After meeting John Little, we went to lunch at The Orange Table. Can anyone say yum? So we talked about leadership. John Little believes that leadership is acting from the core. To have a core, you have to establish a specific set of values. And you have to believe in them. That's the hard part. But it's the start of everything. They have to be unique to you; take the best of what you know, and create something new.

I read this article today called "Bookworms and Beach Bums." It is about a library in Ocean City, Maryland. It is right off the beach. They have problems with people coming in without shoes of course, but it still sounds pretty fun!

I am blogging at the car service place. I am ready to go home.


We play with the toys the gods give us.
Troy

No comments: