Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Halla & Possessed Chocolate

Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate! Elaine Sherman, Book of Divine Indulgences


HALLA

Tonight at the library I met the most interesting girl. She was thirteen going on about 45, and her name was Halla.

First of all, I was helping a teacher find a book called: Creating a World Without Poverty: Social Business and the Future of Capitalism. Halla was next in line, but she interupted us to inform the teacher that she had read and found this a most stimulating book. I smiled, and listened as they discussed her possible political future.

She had a few overdue books, but I told her that I would trust her this time to settle her account the next time she came in. Then she asked, "How old are you?" and I said, "I am 32 years old." Looking at me doubtfully she ventured, "You are very soft and innocent for 32." I smiled again and said, "You are a very mature Jr. High student."


DIVINE CHOCOLATE

My Grandpa Earl has always loved to watch me eat. He used to stare at me at the dinner table. I have a great talent for getting food in the most unusual places. Today I was in between meetings in my car, and I had some chocolate with me. Fairly easy, right? Just pop the chocolate in your mouth.

I have no idea what happened. For some reason I suddenly had chocolate all over my entire body. Dark chocolate, over the steering wheel, on my skirt, which fortunately was black, on my hands, on my legs. It was like the chocolate came to life and just splintered into a million pieces and sprayed all over me. It was bizarre. Uncanny.

When I got to work, I went in the bathroom to clean up. Luckily there is a back door I can use where no one can see me enter. The chocolate had penetrated my skirt and was on my legs. My thick skirt. It made no sense. Can you see where I am feeling like this chocolate is possessed?

Next time you are at Trader Joes and you are thinking about trying the chocolate sea shells... Beware!!



Good Living
is an act of intelligence,
by which we choose things
which have an agreeable taste
rather than those which do not.
Brillat-Savarin


Photo courtesy of virtualchocolate.com

No comments: