Monday, October 12, 2009

Big Fun... Tam's Wedding


Let's dance
On the night of nights
High School Musical


I grew up across the street from the Gardner family. I was pretty much their 10th child.

Above is Jennifer and her sweet family. Cute story about Jennifer: When she turned five, she said, "Now I'm not Jennifour anymore, I'm Jennafive!"

We reunited in San Francisco for Tamara's wedding. I met Tam when I was four. My mom took me over to meet the neighbors, and Tam was peeking out from behind her mom. Her hair was very long and curly, her green eyes were wide and timid, and I quickly won her over with my whimsical ways. She was the beloved friend of my youth.
Me and Tommy on Fisherman's Wharf. Those are seals and sea lions in the background. They didn't smell great, but they looked so cute sunbathing on the planks.
This is 1 Fort Mason, overlooking the Bay. Rob started singing "Somebody" by Depeche Mode when Tam walked down the aisle. I got a little teary. Then a skunk sauntered out and luckily sauntered back to the bushes.
Tam looked so lovely, and Joe looked so... pleased.
Lucky me, seated between sexy bachelors Rob & Johnny Gardner.
Me and the beautiful bride! the fun thing about San Franciscans, everybody hit the dance floor when the music started. Big fun.
Tam mingling.... and the dress shot!
Moi in my hotel room. Okay, so its kind of freaky to travel alone, but also kind of thrilling! I was close to the Gardners, too, so it was actually not that crazy.
I couldn't resist jumping in the ocean. It was cold. I was trying to figure out how to dip my feet in the ocean and put my shoe back on, considering a barnacle covered rock, when these two sailors rowed up and noticed my dilemma. They showed me a shower to wash my feet off nearby, and took me to lunch. We all had fish and chips and they told me about sailing and I told them about libraries. Their names were Tom and Obey. They invited me to hop on their boat and watch the Air Show, but I declined because I had to get to Golden Gate Park.
Here we are, the Gardner clan and I at Golden Gate Park. It was freezing. I was all too improperly attired. Music, friends, snacks- it was over all too soon. But what a trip!


A wedding! I love weddings. Drinks all around.
Jack Sparrow

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Looks like so much fun! I was looking at some photos and came across one of me, you, and Tammy dressed up as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...Can't believe it has been that long.

kristin said...

Tiff,
congrats to Tammy..fun to see pics of Roberto!

Tiffany M. said...

Maybe I should be a TMNT for this Halloween. That was a pretty fun costume.