Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fun @ Lickable Spoon

We all need to seek sanctuary from time to time, to step back and replenish our physical and emotional strength. Indeed, sometimes making a tactical retreat can be the best way to move forward.
~The Body Shop Body Care Manual


Sanctuary can be sought in the kitchen. Water boiling to feed hungry people is holy, and chicken broth is consecrated. At least, this is how I feel sometimes when cooking for others or even for myself. The kitchen is an invitation to create, learn, make mistakes, be forgiven, and all the things that go into a wonderful meal. Sometimes mistakes make the best dishes- Crepes Suzette was actually an accident at first, when one French chef accidentally set them on fire, then discovered the taste was so much better.



Halibut in a Brazilian Chile Sauce

Starting the day off right...

White chocolate and lemon curd birthday cake.

My sister-in-law Lyndsay has invited me to team up with her on the Lickable Spoon, an interactive treasury of delicious recipes that invite all to seek sanctuary in their kitchens. Come one, come all, check out this fabulous website, dust off your apron, try something new!

I even have a button! (or two...)








We will also share wellness tips, discuss how French women eat chocolate croissants all day and stay so thin, and other forms of sanctuary for weary souls who wish to rest their feet (cyberly speaking) at a friend's threshold.

Okay, I made two secret references to two good books in this post. If anyone can guess them, I will send them... something really good.





I collect hobbies.
~The Brothers Bloom

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This was a great post. I think you need more followers to enjoy your writing. I am getting ready to post a coincidence about you on Fifty Flutters! It JUST happened.

Tiffany M. said...

oooh i can't wait to read about it yes i could use more followers especially literary ones to play my games

Jayme said...

Proud of you girl! You know I love to cook and eat! You and Lyndsay will do a great job!

Tiffany M. said...

Not that you guys are not literary, you are the most literary friends a girl could wish for