Friday, March 5, 2010

A Little Fresh Air

You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through your skin and joins the energy that created the world.

~Sheila Graham, taken from Simple Abundance



My exuberance for wanting to be outside must have joined the energy of the universe, because one day a friend from work just asked if I wanted to go hiking. The desert is excited for spring and can't wait to bloom. So green, so lovely, water so tinkly and chimy and nice to put your hot feet in.

So I had to get my bum bum out of bed a little earlier than usual, and the trail was full of hikers thrice my age putting me to shame. I made ham sandwiches with Swiss cheese and pineapple chutney on rustic bread. It was a picnic. We were missing Cheetos, however. I just think Cheetos and hiking go together so well.

We went on a trail called the Lost Dutchman. About two miles in, you have a view of "Weaver's Needle", and it is pretty astonishing.

Little Pan had to get one more shot before she was done. Last time she got so sick, and had to go to the pet hospital and stay there and be injected with fluids. This time, as soon as we got home, I tried some Music Therapy. I have read that animals are very responsive to harp music.

Once I made my sis-in-law Lynds a red dress, and for a thank you gift she gave me this lovely harp music. So I played it over and over for Pan so she wouldn't get so sick again, and she is okay. Yeah!



Come on, Mother Nature, take me home to Nim!

~Nim's Island, the movie

1 comment:

Jayme said...

I miss the desert...you are a lucky gal!