Saturday, May 1, 2010

Night Out


Sometimes I go out to dinner and a show with my parents, Jinx and Ed. We always have an interesting, if unusual, time.

Last night, we went to Carrabas. It was busy, so we waited a long time outside. My dad has a new pocket video camera, and has decided to document various things. So he filmed me telling about how I clipped my bunnies toenails. I have to be strategic about it, you see, because my bunnies run fast, and kick hard. I am absolutely terrified of them.

So I am telling the camera how I capture my bunnies by throwing a blanket over them, and scooping them up. Then how I clip their nails by pulling out one little paw at a time, then sticking it back into the blanket where the bundle of bunny is trembling. Apparently, they feel the same way about me.

Then our table is ready. We get way too much food. Then my dad sees someone's bread pudding, and orders some. It comes before the main dish. We eat the bread pudding before supper, and are absolutely stuffed before our meals come out. Then my mom says her shrimp taste funny, and the manager comes out and gives us the meal free. Probably because she is so pretty. Then my dad comes out of the bathroom, and says that when he "tooted" music started playing. I said maybe they have a system similar to the "clap on" lights, only with sound activated music.

We go to the show, and my dad is being a gentleman so he insists on seeing a girl movie, even though I am totally fine with seeing Clash of the Titans again. So we see Back Up Plan, and my dad falls asleep and his snores reverberate through the large theater, but since it is filled with girls, everyone is too polite to say anything.

My parents walk me in my house, and Marzipan dives under the bed because she, too, is a timid pet. I try to coax her out from under the bed, because my dad paid for her expensive trip to the pet hospital so she wouldn't die and wants to meet her, but she is too stubborn to come out. This goes on until my parents are too sleepy to wait for Marzipan to come out any more, and we all say,

Good night.



Adornment is never anything but a reflection of the self.
Coco Chanel


Image courtesy of hoaxslayer.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved reading that! So funny.