Friday, December 17, 2010

Flawed Willi





 Katie Melua is great music to listen to if you are working on Christmas crafts. Mellow, sweet, and a little melancholy, she puts you in a dream-like state. 


Its interesting to me how crafts, like my doll, take on a life of their own. I was planning on dressing her in pink floral brocade. But when it came to the point of picking out fabric, she seemed to be telling me that all she really wanted was tulle. I will add a few more layers, but tulle really does suit her complexion.



She kind of looks like she could dance in the ballet Giselle with all that tulle. Giselle is a ballet that takes place mostly in a grave yard. The ghosts of girls that died from broken hearts haunt that particular graveyard. They are called Willis. It is very ethereal, with all that white, a lovely ballet. Although maybe more of a Halloween theme than Christmas. Unless you are having Halloween on Christmas, like the Blink 182 song. And of course the movie.



Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice quote!! And beautiful doll—she looks like you.

(The word verification is "zoosect." That's an insect who lives at the Zoo, of course!)

Tiffany M. said...

I made her for Maya, but I am having a little bit of trouble wanting to part with her- we might have to arm wrestle!
I think you have coined a new term! I like it.