Monday, March 14, 2011

Channeling Ma-lee-sa

Tonight, while cooking brown rice, I got kind of bored. 

Brown rice takes FOREVER to cook. It is absurd to cook it after a full day at work. Absurd. In fact, dinner has long disappeared, and I'm going to have to have the brown rice for dessert. 

So when you are bored, don't you ever feel like trying to take a picture of your earring and ponytail? You would be surprised how difficult it can be to get one good shot of your earring and ponytail.  


Its just that whenever I wear a ponytail with dangly earrings, I think of my favorite ballet teacher, Melissa. She had glorious fashion sense. Glorious. Always, as you may have guessed, wearing the highest ponytails and the dangliest earrings. So then I wonder, "Am I being a copy cat? Or is it okay to imitate someone I admired?" Whatever the answer is, I know I am still going to enjoy wearing dangly earrings and a ponytail. 


Melissa came from Utah, and we were blessed to have her at my little studio. She would tell us stories of her Russian teachers, and how they pronounced her name "Ma-lee-sa" and do really funny imitations of them. 


I miss her. 


But I can still channel her via- of course- dangly earrings and ponytails. 


Do you think my brown rice is done? 






"Paris is always a good idea."
Audrey Hepburn

2 comments:

SWISH MAIN EVENTS said...

Funny! I just told my cousin that brown rice takes so long to cook...drives me crazy!

SWISH MAIN EVENTS said...

Oops...it is me...Jayme!