Monday, July 25, 2011

Jellies, Storm, You Know, the Usual Stuff

We had the craziest storm on this night. Thus, I can't sleep. No, not a nip. Thus, the unusual blogging time (keen observers will surely note). 
The wind slashed the rain violently against the window. In addition to the outer turmoil, my associative mind kept playing "at the carwash, baby"; because when I looked out the window, it looked just like it does when you go through the car wash. You can't see anything but water streaming down the window. 
I love a good storm, but tonight was different. Every time I looked out the window, I kind of felt like crying. Finally, I just had to stop looking. I planted a baby apricot tree, which I have nurtured and watered every night before bed, whether I felt like it or not (most of the time, I did not feel like it). And this monsoon looked like it was going to rip it out of the ground any second. 
Plus, I was hungry, but I never know what to eat in the middle of the night. (Ideas?)
Then I thought, Maybe I should blog about that time I wore my jellies to Queen Hatshepsut's temple. Because isn't that what everyone thinks of in the middle of an Arizona monsoon? 




I have this thing for jellies. They are ideal in so many ways. They provide coverage for your feet, but you don't feel like you are wearing shoes. They're just so ventilating.


Once I wore my jellies to Queen Hatshepsut's temple in Egypt. I felt connected to everything around me. I could feel the sand, the rock, the warmth of the earth streaming up through my feet. And my jellies bend and stretch so beautifully. In fact, 




 If you are into spontaneous tendus (ahh tendu feels so good. In French, it means literally "to stretch the foot"), which I am, jellies provide the perfect structure in which to do this. 

 Incidentally, whilst looking for images of these comfy shoes, I discovered several bloggers who feel exactly the way I do. 

It is very simple. We miss jellies.

"For women, shoes are the most important. Good shoes take you good places."
— Seo Min Hyun

No comments: