Saturday, July 16, 2011

Playing in My Ride

Favorite Song: Stand Too Close (oh the beautiful lyrics!)
Favorite Line: "The plot sucks, but the killings are gorgeous" (so reminiscent of a day I had quite recently)
Best Song for Developing Empathy: Delirium ('Cause I am that naive- a myriad of bright ideas)

Anticlimax, thy name is COMMUTE. How am I supposed to adjust to this monotony after being wild and free and shooting things? (Not alive things. Seriously.)
It it were not for music, I would die. "Music, the mosaic of the air." (That is a line from a high school choir song that I really liked). I picked up this CD on a whim at the library, because it had a whimsical cover. I didn't expect to love it or anything, or completely identify with the band.
But that is exactly what happened! And I also enjoy the lead singer's slightly throaty voice. I can't get enough of it.

Next time you are at your library, pick up something you normally wouldn't. You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: