Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Work Out, Tea, Wrap the Knee

This time I really need to do things right...
~Maroon 5, "Stutter"
 When you wish upon a star... it actually works. I was out Kitty-Skating under the stars one night, and I looked up and saw a twinkling star. I was like, "I really miss my curly hair." Because I used to get perms. But those are super out of style. And I am just too lazy to curl my hair with a curling iron. But hot rollers... those I can do. Because you just roll them up in your hair, and they do your hair for you. 
So the next time you need something, try wishing on a star! 
And, as Green Day always says, "Better thank your lucky stars (shea hey hey)"


 The many moods of Marzipan. This one is: introspective. 


 This is the little button I've been feeding in my back yard. I told my mom, "Somebody chopped off its tail." She was like, "No, it's a Manx." I guess Manx don't have tails! So, I don't want to become the eccentric lady with a thousand cats, but what do you do when a starving kitten shows up on your porch? You feed it. But this one is not social, like Pan. This one runs for the hills if I try to make friends with it.
So, I love my legs. Not because they are perfect. Indeed, they have their fair share of flaws. I love them because they are capable of so many wonderful things. Some may say this is narcissism. But it's not. Our body is a great gift, to be appreciated, and yes, loved. 
But they have been dancing for 30 years now, some of it rather hard-core, and I get the occasional injury. I tried wrapping my knee- which had a little ouchie- in wool flannel with castor oil this morning. Then Duct tape. "I love Duct tape." That is from Inkheart. 
While the Castor oil and wool flannel are highly effective, I recommend safety pins rather than Duct tape. The tape tends to slip, and the oil prevents it from sticking. Safety pins, on the other hand, hold it in place, as long as you wrap it tightly. 
And each day, during Reverance*, I make sure to give thanks, for one more day of dancing. 

I discovered a new kind of tea, but I think I am going to be exclusive about it for a while. Like Charles Wallace in "A Wrinkle in Time." 


Reverance: An expression of profound gratitude, respect, and joy for the body, performed at the end of ballet class. 

No comments: