Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lazy Girl Chocolate Cake


Miss Maya's lunch. Although a 3 year old has not necessarily developed an aesthetic appreciation for the finer details of setting a table, we thought we did a nice job enticing her to eat her midday meal. 


I discovered that a heart-shaped bottle- purchased from Michael's- is a very fun way to store salsa.
There is something about a cork. I am not a wine-drinker, but I adore corks. I hate bottle lids that get rusty and cakey and just look disgusting. Corks always look neat, nice, and contained. Plus, I love that sound that corks make when you pull them out of the bottle (you know the sound!). It is just so satisfying. 


Can we all just agree on one thing for a moment? Frosting the sides of a cake is a pain. It is a huge pain! 
I'm not saying I am never going to frost the sides of a cake again. It is just that, on days like this one, where I got up early and worked my booty very hard, I do not feel like frosting the sides of my cake is a necessity. The cake tastes just as good when I put one large dollop of frosting in the middle, and one large dollop on top. 
Now, I have some level of pride when it comes to making cakes. But I have never made a cake like this one. Like I never knew what a cake was supposed to taste like until I tasted this one. My taste buds were shouting something along the lines of the Hallelujah chorus when I first bit into it. 
It is also from a Daisy Sour Cream advertisement. These people don't mess around when it comes to flavor. 
And if you want to make a tiny cake, just divide the recipe by 3. 
One tiny piece is all you need! 



For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake. 
Alfred Hitchcock 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffany! A 3-year old might not appreciate the details but this is really appetizing.

Regards,
Haley McAdams
Food Handlers Certificate