Friday, November 26, 2010

An Arizona Thanksgiving

May I please add some text? Thanks for the text! (Blog is giving me a hard time).                        


    I know, I know, enough with the childhood stories. We want PICTURES!!!!
 
 This is my mom, Jinx, and Maggie, my niece. Cutie the bombs! My mom makes the most unbelievably delicious rolls every year. This year we innovated, and made some raspberry 
butter to go with them. Also, her stuffing is what I equate with C.S. Lewis's "Turkish Delight" (for those of you who are Narnia fans). Positively addictive.




This is Price, Rex, and Owen. 
Really precious, really fun guys. 

 Fortunately I have a number of adorable subjects to photograph. This is Lane, my niece. Somehow or other, she goes by the name "Boppie." Is it just me, or is she getting super, super, super cute? 
 
 Kimmy, sister-in-law, leading a round of "Pin the Hat on the Turkey". She wins my blog's award for "Cutest Outfit" this year. If only you could see her boots. Oh my gosh. 


 Ethan, Maggie, Brinkley. Sitting on the fence, what better way to spend a Thanksgiving day? This is the last you will see of Brinkley's long hair for a while. 




 There it goes! Krissy gives a stylish cut to our young, fearless maiden. Speaking of hair and fearless young maidens, we also got to go see Tangled! The new Disney movie. I really loved it. And there are not many movies worth risking the Thanksgiving crowd for, and fighting over seats for, not to mention parking, but this was one of them. So funny and so sweet!




 Me and Maggie. She is following in her Aunt Tiffy's shoes, and spent the whole time reading "Fabelhaven"! That is so something I would have done if I could have gotten away with it. 


We'll wrap it up with a sweet smile from Boppie. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good.... turkey. And turkey leftovers. And addictive stuffing, aka, Turkish Delight. Or, if you're like me and have a cold, chicken noodle soup! 


“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”

~W. T. Purkiser

No comments: